1 Large head of broccoli, cut into florets
Olive Oil (1 “zip” per serving)
Salt, Ground pepper
4 6 oz Salmon fillets
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced into rings (remove seeds, unless you like it really hot)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (look for no carb — can also use any apple cider vinegar if
you can’t find rice vinegar)
2 tablespoons of drained capers (look for zero or less than 1 carb per serving)
Preheat oven to 400.
1. Toss broccoli in a bowl with 1 tbs of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place
on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12-15 minutes (stir occasionally).
2. While broccoli is roasting, season the salmon with a zip of olive oil (lightly coat) and salt
3. Next, remove baking sheet with broccoli from the oven, and push broccoli slightly to the side
making a “pocket” for each fillet so that it cooks on the pan right next to the broccoli. Replace
pan back in the oven for 10-12 minutes (until salmon is opaque) and make the vinaigrette while
Jalapeno-caper vinaigrette (Almost done)!
4. In a small bowl, add vinegar, jalapeno and a pinch of salt — let jalapeno soak in vinegar
for 10 min., then add capers and a final “zip” of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle vinaigrette over broccoli and salmon and cook for the last 2 minutes!
Number of servings: 4